Tuesday 26 June 2012

Bloom and Grow

Every summer I run a summer school for Horsley Printmakers. This is probably my favourite printmaking teaching of the year as the luxury of 4 days really allows the students to achieve a huge amount of work and explore many techniques. This summer's course is called Bloom and Grow and runs from 9th - 12th August.  There are still 2 places left so if you are interested CLICK HERE for a link to Horsley Printmakers site. Meanwhile here are some images from my sketchbooks on a loosely floral theme.  However hard I try in my drawing styles I always refer back to surface pattern techniques ( my degree was in International Textiles and Surface Pattern) and these paintings and drawings look as though they are a starting point for something else - fashion or interior prints maybe.









No comments:

Post a Comment